India Emerge Youth Summit 2012 presents to you "IEYS OPEN DEBATE", to seek the finest brains that possess flair in writing and are admirable speakers.
The participants will go through a series of rounds, starting with a blogging competition to a pre-qualifier to an open air debate and finally the grande finale, where 2 winners from the open air debate will battle it out on the event day! The central theme of the contest is PUBLIC POLICY FRAMEWORK OF INDIA!
IEYS OPEN DEBATE CONTEST IS OPEN ONLY TO THE STUDENTS OF VIT UNIVERSITY!
ROUND-1: BLOGGING COMPETITION (10th AUGUST, 2012 - 26th AUGUST, 2012)
In the Phase-1 of the contest, participants are expected to write a blog article on any TWO of the following topics:
- Wiping Out Illiteracy In India: A Reality OR A Pipe-Dream?
- Inflation: Will It Change The Face of Our Nation?
- Nuclear Energy: The Necessity for India?
HOW TO PARTICIPATE?
- Email the two blog articles written by you, to firstname.lastname@example.org
- The articles should be written in MS-Word 2003 or above edition, and attached along with your email. Ensure that the files are named after the topic chosen.
- Subject of the email should read: "IEYS OPEN DEBATE"
- Enclose the following details only in the email:
LAST DATE FOR SUBMISSION: 26th AUGUST, 2012
In case a participant sends multiple emails with different/editted version of his/her blog articles, only the FIRST email entry will be considered. So, kindly refrain from sending multiple entries & thoughroughly proof-read your articles before submission.
- Your Full Name:
- Registration No.:
- Mobile No.:
- Topics Chosen:
The entries for the Blogging Competition would be reviewed by a judging panel and the results would be published on the website & the facebook page, on 27th August, 2012. Winners will also be notified via sms.
ROUND-2: PRE-QUALIFIER MODERATED DEBATE (28th AUGUST, 2012)
In the Phase-2 of the contest,
- 10 (tentative) candidates will be selected from the BLOGGIN COMPETITION and split into two groups.
- These candidates will be called for a moderated debate competition.
- The issues to be discussed would be the same topics which were specified for the blogging competition round.
EVENT DATE: 28th AUGUST, 2012
6 winners from the Pre-Qualifier will move on to the next round.
ROUND-3: OPEN AIR MODERATED DEBATE (31st AUGUST, 2012)
In the Phase-3 of the contest,
- Out of the pool of contestants from the Pre-Qualifier, 6 would be shortlisted for the Open Air Debate.
- In the open-air debate competition, the participants need to face the audience and the panel.
- The participants debate over various issues and thus come up with solutions.
- The audience and the panel put forth questions to the participants.
- A break of 10 minutes each would be given to the participants at the end of a 30 minutes session.
EVENT DATE: 31st AUGUST, 2012
2 winners from the Open Air Debate will move on to the next round.
FINAL ROUND: THE GRAND FINALE (8th & 9th September, 2012)
In the Phase-3 of the contest,
- 2 winners from the Open Air Debate will participate in the final round during the summit!
- The Grand Finale is the ultimate showdown, where the 2 participants will battle it out for the prestigious & coveted title of "THE IEYS DEBATOR, 2012"!
EVENT DATE: 8th & 9th September, 2012